Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Hoya carnosa, what a great smelling flower!



My Grandmother had the plant 
My Mother had a snippet of the plant 
I had a snippet of my Mommys' plant

What a great plant! This plant has been with me for well over 25 years.  It has flowered many times over the years. In one house it climbed the wall and held tightly.

[sidebar : how old is my plant? is it 25 years or over 100? Just how does that work? Time, just how does that work?]

The Moms' plant has never flowered. Well maybe once or twice. Every time mine flowers I call her "Mom, how the hell do you stop this plant from flowering?"

The smell is strong and fantastic. The perfume smell while walking past the flower is exquisite!

Guide to houseplants go
Dave's Garden go
Moll's Tropical Plants go
How stuff works go



No comments:

Post a Comment