Sunday, September 19, 2010

White Moose near Foleyet



White Moose near Boulder Lake, Ontario.

Came around the corner and 3 vehicles were parked on the side of the road and just in the ditch not far from on the vehicles a white moose.

As I pulled over one more vehicle came from the west, and the animal started to move off. I quickly took a couple of pictures, but did not get a good one.

I travel that section of road once a week for the past two summers. Caught just a glimpse of a white moose last year.

This is the 5th White Moose I have seen in the Foleyet area, west of Timmins.

The white moose reporting station is not operating anymore and the whitemoose.ca website has not been updated since 2007. The Timmins Naturalists are always interested in your observations, including the white moose. Look at other observations reported to the Timmins Naturalists.


White Moose web site (last update 2007)

map where I saw the white moose.



No comments:

Post a Comment