Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hawk Owl likes harvest operations

Hawk Owl has followed operations over the years.

I have heard many stories of these little birds following machines in the bush. One operator has told me that some bird - that looked like the bird I pointed out - would dive under logs that were being lifted by a machine.

I kept my eye on a hawk owl one year during the 3 months of winter operations. This little bird was there watching until the last load of logs was dropped on a trailer.

Watching the bird that year was my introduction.

This year a little hawk owl was hanging around again. It is easy hunting for squirrels when many of the trees are out of the way.

I took a picture with my little camera, I pointed out the tiny bird with an arrow. I also got a picture with my digital binoculars, the camera part is not very good.





















No comments:

Post a Comment