Thursday, June 18, 2009

Eurasian Collared-Dove

Here is a great observation recorded that is very interesting. I got a call and had to go take a look. It was great we could sit at the kitchen table and watch the bird. I was able to walk around and find the mate.

I want to hear about great sightings in and around Timmins. Be great if you leave a comment too.

2004 entries on the Timmins Naturalists Species Observation page:

December 18, 2004 Timmins Christmas Bird Count. Combining the feeder and field results in 889 individuals, 13 different species and 21 participants. Of note is Canada goose and theEurasian Collared-Dove. This dove was spotted about 4 km west of the previous sighting.

December 4, 2004

By Paul Gaudreau : An
Eurasian Collared-Dove has been at his feeder for a number of weeks. Today I was able to confirm with him that there actually was a pair of doves in his back yard. This really is an unusual observations and I wonder if the birds are escaped pets. Will post here if I find out.


It has been a few years and the birds have never been spotted again.

No comments:

Post a Comment